By default, if vendors can’t change their plan unless they cancel it and signup for a new one. This article explains how to support upgrading/downgrading membership plan.
Enable Subscription switching
The first step we need to do is enabling Subscription switching. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Subscription and change the settings as follow:
Creating a Membership grouped product
After you enabled Subscription switching, you need to create a group product and add your membership product to it.
- Go to Products > Add new
- Pick any title of your choice, “Membership plans” for example.
- Change the visibility to Hidden.
- Change Product type to Grouped product
- Click on Linked products tab, add membership products you created in Grouped Product field
- Publish/Update your product to enable membership downgrade/upgrade.